Unit 1814 went to the Navy in september 1970 (Hawthorne Naval Ammo Depot) and on to the
Alaska RR in december 1977.
In 1983, the unit was renumbered to 1714 and got the ARR painting scheme (along with #1718).
The july-august-september 1984 issue of 'Extra 2200 South' mentioned the use of unit 1714 along with 2 FP7A's (1510 and 1512) for a work-train in reballasting service.
A year later, in august 1985, the unit was retired and sold/scraped.